Printfriendly

LOOM KNIT: THE PERFECT SLOUCH HAT!

Green & Cream Loom Knit Slouch Hat...

     It took me several tries to get this hat just the way I wanted it.  It sits perfectly on the back of your head with just the right amount of slouch.  I'm sure it would look great in almost any color combination!  It takes about one evening to do this (about 3 hours) I will try to update this post with a picture of someone wearing it so you can see how it fits.







Things You'll Need:


41 Peg Knifty Knitter Loom (Yellow)
Knitting Tool (comes with loom)
Crochet Hook
1 Skein Patons Shetland Chunky (5) Color: Deep Moss

1 Skein Red Heart Soft (4) Color:  Off White
Button for embellishment

Directions:


Cast-on 41 Pegs with Deep Moss
Knit (14) Rows
Roll up Brim
E-Wrap Knit (3) Rows
With Off-White (using 2 strands) E-Wrap Knit 4 Rows
Drop White, use Deep Moss only.
E-Wrap Knit with Deep Moss until the hat reaches 10" (or desired length)
Use Gathered Bind-off and secure
Sew button on hat.
Weave in ends and enjoy your new hat!



#knithat #slouchhat #loomknitting #loomknittingpattern #knittingpatterns #knitting


Disclaimer:  I have made every effort to ensure that these instructions are accurate and complete.  I cannot, however, be reponsible for human error, typographical mistakes, or variations in individual work. 

These patterns are for personal use only.
  


Copyright, 2013, all rights reserved, Nicole F. Cox, thismomentisgood.blogspot.com

HAPPY LOOM KNITTING!

2 comments

Kia said...

Can I use 2 or 3 stands of worsted weight yarn as sub for the Shetland wool I don't have any and going through my stash.

Nicole F. Cox said...

Hello Kia, unfortunately, 2/3 strands of worsted will not equal the same weight of this yarn so it will not drape the same way as this hat does. The hat will be thicker but you can certainly try it but I recommend working a swatch to see if you will like the weight/thickness of the hat. I definitely would never use 3 strands held together for a hat like this, it would be way too thick. Try 2 strands and see what you think.

Powered by Blogger.