One month (30 days) of easy crock pot ideas...
Today I made one of my favorite dishes...Pork & Sauerkraut. I love the taste and appreciate how easy the dish is to make, only two ingredients! I make this dish every New Years Day. A dear, old friend told me that it's supposed to be good luck. I've been making it ever since. It got me thinking, how many other easy slow cooker recipes could I come up with. The criteria was that they have less than five ingredients and required very little preparation. I didn't include water or spices as ingredients but you'll find that most of these dishes have less than that even while including these items. Serve these dishes with a side dish, bread, pasta or rice, use your imagination. Season them to taste. It's the ultimate, lazy cooks guide.
NOTE: Many of these recipes contain canned soups and seasoning packets. These ingredients are often high in sodium. There is a solution to this problem. Get the book Make-A-Mix. It gives you dry recipes for condensed soups, seasoning mixes and also tips for browning and freezing meat ahead of time. You can control the amount of sodium you put into their recipes. I have found it to be a go to resource and use it all the time. For the canned ingredients, I only buy the no salt added versions.
1. Pork & Sauerkraut - 1 pork loin (any size) & 1 bag refrigerated sauerkraut
2. Cheesy Mexican Chicken - 4 chicken breasts, 1 can Cheddar soup, 1 cup (or more) salsa.
3. Meatballs with Sauce - 1 bag frozen turkey/beef meatballs, 1 jars pasta sauce, 2 cans diced tomatoes.
4. Mock Chicken Cordon Bleu - 4 chicken breasts, 4 pieces of Swiss cheese, 4 pieces of ham, Cream of chicken or mushroom soup (place ham & cheese inside flattened chicken breast)
5. Onion Pork chops - 4 pork chops, 1 envelope onion soup mix, 10-14 ounces chicken broth
6. Maple Chicken Dijon - 4-6 chicken breasts or drumsticks, 1/4 cup Dijon mustard, 2 TBS balsamic vinager, 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, 3/4 tsp. garlic salt & pepper.
7. Italian Chicken & Potatoes - 4 red potatoes diced, 4-6 chicken breasts, 1/2 cup zesty Italian dressing, (salt to taste, 3/4 tsp oregano)
8. Mexican Pork - Pork roast or loin, 1-2 cups salsa, 1 can pinto or black beans rinsed.
9. Saucy Slow Cooker Beef - 1 lb. stew meat or sirloin (cubed), 1 can tomato soup, 1 can cheddar cheese soup.
10. French Dip Sandwiches - 2 lbs beef brisket, 1 envelope onion soup mix, 10 oz. beef broth.
11. Taco Chicken - 1 lb. chicken, 1-2 cups salsa, 2 TB. taco seasonings.
12. Pulled Pork Sandwiches - 3-4 lb pork butt roast, 2 onions sliced or chopped, 16 oz prepared BBQ sauce.
13. Pulled Chicken - 4-6 Chicken breasts, 1 onion chopped, 16 oz prepared BBQ sauce.
14. Sweet BBQ Ribs - 3 lbs pork loin back ribs, 1/2 cup coke, 1 cup BBQ sauce (1/2 tsp Italian spice, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper)
15. Ranch Pork Chops - 4-6 Pork chops, 2 cans cream of chicken soup, 1 packet ranch dressing, 1 cup mushrooms.
16. Easy Pot Roast - 2.5 lb roast, 2 cups chopped carrots, 2 cups chopped potatoes, 1 cup celery, 3 cups beef broth (season to taste)
17. White Turkey Chili - 1 lb ground turkey cooked, 1 packet white chili seasoning, 1-2 cans white beans drained & rinsed.
18. Easy Red Chili - 1 lb. ground beef/chicken/or turkey, 2 cans kidney beans, 1 can diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup chopped onion, 1 can tomato sauce. (3 TB chili seasoning)
19. Corned Beef and Cabbage - 1 (4) lb. corned beef brisket with spice packet, 10 baby red potatoes, quartered, 1/2 head cabbage; coarsely chopped, 1 onion coarsely chopped, 6 oz beer, 1 cup carrots (add 4 cups water)
20. Orange Chicken - 4-6 chicken breasts, 1 cup orange marmalade, 1 cup BBQ sauce, 3 TB soy sauce.
21. Mexican Chicken - 4 chicken breasts, 14 oz corn, 2 cans rotel, 1 can black beans.
22. Slow Cooker Ham - 1 bone-in ham, 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup orange juice.
23. Easy Chicken & Dumplings - 4 chicken breasts, 2 cans cream of chicken soup, 1 onion, finely diced, (add enough water to cover), 2 10 oz. packages refrigerated biscuit dough; torn into pieces (added 30-40 minutes before serving).
24. Thai Chicken - 1 16oz. bottle Asian toasted sesame dressing, 1 TB chili paste (Thai), 1 TB ginger garlic paste, 2 TB peanut butter, 6 chicken breasts.
25. Creamed Chipped Beef (on toast) - 2 package dried corned beef, 2 cans cream of mushroom soup.
26. Pepper Steak - 1 lb. sirloin cut up, 1 large Spanish onion, 12 oz beef gravy, 1 envelope beef gravy mix, 1lb. bag frozen bell peppers.
27. Mexican Beef Stew - 2 lbs. stew meat, 1 can whole tomatoes (undrained), 1 cup frozen whole onions, 1 can black beans, 1 can corn (3 Tbs. taco seasoning)
28. Pork Roast & Stuffing - Pork Loin or pork chops, 3/4 cup chicken broth, 1 package stove top stuffing (added at end of cooking; Pour out any excess liquid out of slow cooker...you don't want more than directed on package)
29. Ham & Cheese Dinner - 28 oz frozen diced potatoes with onions & peppers, 2 cups shredded cheddar & monterey jack cheese, 1 can cream of celery soup, 8 ounces sour cream, 3 lb. fully cooked smoked boneless ham (place on top of mixture)
30. Chunky Chicken Chili - 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, 2 cans diced tomatoes with green chili's (undrained), 1 15 oz can tomato sauce, 2 15ounce cans hominy, 1 envelope chili seasoning mix (top with sour cream & cilantro if desired)
NOTE: Cook all the above recipes until the meats reach desired internal temperature.
#slowcookerrecipes #crockpotrecipes #5ingredientorlesscrockpotrecipes #5ingredientslowcookerrecipes #recipes #easycrockpotrecipes #3ingredientcrockpotrecipes #30dayscrockpotrecipes
Copyright,2013, Nicole F. Cox, thismomentisgood.blogspot.com, all rights reserved.