Printfriendly

SLOW COOKER SOUTHWEST CHICKEN

This Southwest style crock pot chicken is delicious & easy! 

 Let me first say that I usually hate Southwestern style food.  It's either too smokey or sweet for me, all the things my husband loves.  Today I decided to make something we both would like...I knew I hit a home run when my husband said "this is really good!  Make sure you write it down."  He said that because I have a bad habit of forgetting my recipes.  I'm an optimist and think, of course I'll remember what I did.  Recently I've started to listen to him and write down a good recipe as soon as I make it.  I hope you enjoy this dish as much as we did.  It's easy...just fix it and forget it!

#southwesternchickenrecipes #southwestchicken #crockpotchickenrecipes #recipes 
#slowcookerchickenrecipes #slowcooker #crockpotrecipes

Ingredients:


  • 1/2 jar Southwest style black bean salsa
  • (1) 14 ounce can Stewed Tomatoes
  • (1) 14 ounce can Black Beans (rinsed and drained)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon Taco Seasoning (I make my own so it's lower in sodium)
  • 1 small can chopped Green Chilies
  • 3 Frozen Chicken Breasts
  • 1 Tablespoon Dried Parsley
  • 1 small can sliced Black Olives
  • Egg Noodles
Place chicken breasts at the bottom of the slow cooker.  Place all remaining ingredients on top of chicken except olives and egg noodles.  Set slow cooker to low and cook for 6 hours (or more if chicken is not done).  Add black olives right before serving.

15 minutes before serving, make egg noodles as directed on package.  Place noodles at the bottom of bowl and ladle chicken mixture on top of noodles.  Serve and Enjoy!

THANK YOU FOR READING!

2014, Copyright, thismomentisgood.blogspot.com, Nicole F. Cox, all rights reserved.  You may link to this post but do not copy and paste content.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.