Printfriendly

Fish Soup With Dill Recipe (Slow Cooker)

It's 2018 and I like most, am looking for ways to be healthier this year. Loom knitting can be a sedentary job so I'm trying to eat healthier and get on my spin bike a little more often. I'm doing a 30-day plant rich/Mediterranean diet and horrors, giving up candy. Candy is my addiction and I'm not a person that can just eat one piece. Each year I give up an unhealthy food, 2 years ago it was soda, last year it was hot peppers (that was hard but they tear up my stomach). I can only commit to 30 days without candy but I feel it was a start. I'm hoping that after the month, it will just continue. We shall see!

This soup was an experiment. I was looking for something different, plant-based and included healthy protein. What I came up with was an easy, fresh tasting, and best of all, healthy recipe. 

Fish Soup With Dill
Slow Cooker
Begin with the plants, asparagus, carrots, celery, potato, mushroom and spinach.

Fresh and freeze-dried spices add wonderful flavor!

Place veggies in the slow cooker
1 stalk celery
1 chopped portabella mushroom
1/4 cup spinach leaves
1 carrot
1/2 diced white potato
Baby asparagus (fresh), 3/4 inch pieces

Add liquid and Spices
whisk 1/2 cup almond milk (or reg milk) with 1-1/4 TB Flour
1 Tablespoon Freeze-dried or fresh dill
1/4 tsp pepper and salt
1 cup low sodium chicken broth/stock
1-1/2 cup water
Fresh oregano to taste (I used the leaves from 2 stalks)
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp pesto (jarred or fresh)

Cook on low for 4 hours

Add Fish and Cheese (fresh or frozen, thawed)
1 filet of Salmon
1 filet of Tilapia
8 large Shrimp
1/4 cup shredded fresh mozzarella
Cook on low for 2 more hours (6 total)

Pair it with some hummus and pita bread - Delish!

Enjoy!-Nicole


No comments

Powered by Blogger.